ARRI | Ultra Prime Lens
Exceptionally compact and lightweight
ARRI 8mm Ultra Prime Lens retain its superior image quality even at close focus across the whole Super 35 frame.
Ultra Primes range span from 8R extreme (8mm) wide-angle lens to the most advanced telephoto lens designed specifically for motion pictures, the Ultra Prime 180 (180mm).
The Ultra Prime 8R extends the range of Ultra Prime lenses at the extreme wide end. The 8R/T2.8 is an extreme wide angle lens with a unique look unparalleled by any other lens in the film or video world. Because of its rectilinear design it shows an extremely wide angle of view without any of the commonly associated fisheye distortions.
Vivid colours and maximum definition
All lenses in this set have a rigid, very robust housing. The overall length is constant over the entire focusing range. The completely new focus drive mechanics are particularly sensitive and free of backlash. The rigid construction creates the prerequisite for an important advantage: position of the gears for focus and iris does not move axially during focusing.
Features of 12mm Ultra Prime Lens
- Super colour matched with Master Prime, and Alura Zooms and constant position of scales
- Floating elements for outstanding close-up performance
- Widest focal length range: 8 – 180 mm
- Covers Super 35
- Superior close focus ability
- Genuine internal focus for sensitive focusing
- Increased image contrast and resolution over the entire focal range