The Super 16 Renaissance
The Art of Ultra 16
ARRI 35 mm is a mid-range lens in a group of 9 lenses in Ultra 16 range.
All nine Ultra 16 lenses (6, 8, 9.5, 12, 14, 18, 25, 35, 50 mm) cover the full Super 16 format and are fully compatible with the optical quality, colour balance and ergonomics of the other ARRI lenses. The Ultra 16 lenses, like the Master Primes, all combine fast speed with an outstanding optical performance at all T-stops across the whole focus range.
These lenses exhibit high contrast, high resolution, almost no chromatic aberration (colour fringes) and a great resistance to flaring. They are designed as close focus lenses, and so retain their
outstanding optical qualities even at minimum object distances. Like all other modern ARRI lenses, the Ultra 16 lenses have been Super Colour Matched.
Features of Ultra 16’s
- Complete Set of Nine Close Focus Super 16 Primes: 6, 8, 9.5, 12, 14, 18, 25, 35 & 50 mm
- High Speed T1.3
- great for complete control over depth of field
- perfect for shooting in low or available light
- for natural looking images
- for tight lighting budgets
- Highest Optical Performance
- image geometry free of distortions even at wide angles
- minimized chromatic aberration
- minimal breathing
- high contrast and resolution
- Super Colour Matched to Ultra Primes, Master Primes, Variable Primes & Lightweight Zoom LWZ-1