Remote computer access and 4K video/USB matrix switching over IP
Black Box Emerald® is a high-performance IP-based KVM extension and matrix switching system, which provides users with direct access to data and video from their workstation.
Black Box Emerald allows reliable extension and switching of pixel-perfect HD (DVI) or 4K (DisplayPort) video, transparent USB 2.0 and bi-directional analogue audio signals across any combination and number of physical and virtual servers. Users get fast, flexible and reliable access to various servers with an improved workflow.
Pair zero-client-based transmitters and receivers for point-to-point extension applications, or add an IP switch to build out a reliable and highly scalable KVM matrix switching system. The optional Emerald Remote App turns any Windows 10 device into a software KVM receiver – without the need for additional hardware.
The Boxilla management appliance allows central management and administration of your entire KVM network for simple setup and configuration as well as access control for individual user assignment. Multiple types of extenders are available, each with a specific set of features that accommodate your system requirements.
- IP-based KVM extension and matrix switching for video, USB and audio signals
- High quality video: pixel perfect HD (1920 x 1200) or 4K (4096 x 2160) at 60 Hz, lossless compression, 10-bit color ready
- Migration path to virtual desktop infrastructures: seamless access to physical and virtual machines (VMware and Microsoft over RemoteFX/RDP 8.1 and PCoIP protocols)
- Extended reach: up to 130m (CATx), up to 10km (single-mode fiber) or even further over a LAN (using network switches) or an internet connection
- Highly Secure: TLS encryption for all connections, internal logging of security events, option to connect via fiber (PE, 4K)
- Multi-head extenders available: Single-head and dual-head models supporting multi-monitor workspaces
- ZeroU Transmitter available that uses no rack space and can be powered over USB
- Resilience: pooling feature, redundant network ports, fiber /SFP/SFP+) or CATx compatibility, network monitoring, access control through Boxilla KVM Manager