Same image performance as LDX 86N in a smaller package
LDX C86N Multiformat Native (HD/3G/4K) & Multispeed (1X/3X/6X) Compact Camera
Compact heads like Grass Valley LDX C86N are mainly used on the rail systems, compact remote heads, Spidercams or in a mixture of gyroscopic stabilizing systems. They would integrate better as they do not include hand grips, shoulder pads, viewfinders or intercom connections which are found in system cameras.
These compact cameras are a cost-efficient addition to full-sized system cameras.
LDX 86N Series are based around new advanced 4K XensiumHAWK CMOS imager along with unique pixel technology DPMUltra (dynamic pixel management) functionality to provide outstanding native 4K UHD, 3G and HD image performance, with the ability to use standard HD lenses.
This allows cameras to have highest sensitivity and image performance across different video formats. This includes extended colour gamut supporting ITU-R BT.2020 and a software upgrade to enable 15 F-stops of high dynamic range (HDR) in single-speed operation.
Including AnyLightXtreme technology for flicker-free images in speeds up to 6X operation in 1080i and 720p, plus 3X speed operation in 1080p, the LDX 86N XtremeSpeed is the perfect addition for super slow-motion applications, with an additional 1X standard-speed “live” output.
Grass Valley LDX C86N Compact Series cameras consist of all the typical interfaces which would be on camera head. Except standard connectivity you can find there USB connection for the of GV-eLicenses, firmware upgrades and scene file storage. HDMI interface is used for connecting any HD displays to be used as camera viewfinder or monitoring display.
LDX-C86N Compact Series cameras are fully integrated with our Ethernet-based C2IP camera control system. This provides a powerful link to remote production capabilities.
LDX GV-eLicense allows users to upgrade their LDX camera in two different ways.
Perpetual upgrade license provides an upgrade from any lower model of the range to the next higher model of the range. With a 7-day term upgrade license, the same flexibility is available, but for a lower cost.
The ability to upgrade to the next level camera, on a perpetual or 7-day term basis, provides the ultimate in production flexibility.
There are two paths to upgrade LDX 86N series:
High Frame Rate – one of the paths would be based on high frame rate HD/3G cameras
4K UHD acquisition – second path is based on single speed HD/3G/4K UHD acquisition
Users can upgrade through five models of the LDX C86N range for increased resolution, higher speed or both.
- LDX C86NWorldCam — Offers all the production formats of the LDX 86NWorldCam (HD/PsF/3G) plus an upgrade path via GV-eLicense directly to native 4K (LDX C86N 4K) as well as directly to 3X HD (LDX C86N HiSpeed) or 6X HD/3X 3G (LDX C86N XtremeSpeed), and then to all LDX 86N Series formats (LDX C86NUniverse).
- LDX C86N4K — Adds native 4K UHD (3840x2160p) acquisition to the LDX C86N
- LDX C86NUniverse — Offers “universal format” support with switchable 1X/3X/6X native HD, 1X/3X native 3G and 1X native 4K from a single camera for ultimate flexibility and equipment utilization.
- LDX C86NHiSpeed (HS) — Offers 1X/3X native HD acquisition for super slow-motion acquisition, as well as all the production formats of the LDX C86N It can be upgraded to 1X/3X/6X HD and 1X/3X 3G (LDX C86N XtremeSpeed) as well as adding 1X native 4K (LDX C86N Universe).
- LDX C86NXtremeSpeed (XS) — Adds 6X HD and 1X/3X 3G acquisition to the LDX C86N HiSpeed for super slow-motion acquisition, and can be upgraded to include 1X native 4K (LDX C86N Universe).