EIGHT-CAMERA HD OB VAN
Built on a Mercedes Vario chassis, this compact HD OB truck offers flexible production with separate gallery, engineering and audio areas.
The main part of the van houses the production area, which can be configured on a job-by-job basis, with a range of multi-view options, Grade 1 monitoring and off-air feeds. The vehicle offers file-based recording, as well as a VTR.
The gallery includes positions for a director, vision mixer and PA. The vision mixer is a For-A HVS 1ME desk with 12 inputs and five outputs. Sony OLED video monitors and Fostex speakers are included.
To the rear of the vehicle is a separate two-seat engineering area, which houses Sony PVM monitors and Teltronix waveform monitoring. There is space for up to eight RCPs (not included).
Routing is powered by a Blackmagic Design 72×72 Universal Video Hub router with Smart Panels. The truck uses Opengear glue and control systems, and also has 16 12-channel Sonifex audio distribution amplifiers, eight HD-SDI video distribution amplifiers, a timecode distribution amplifier and an Evertz 5010 timecode master.
Extensive audio capabilities
A highly specced audio room is housed in the cab of the van, with an Amek BB100 32-channel audio desk at its heart. The mixer includes eight groups + master, and 432 inputs and 432 outputs thanks to a Bantam audio patch. A Midas XL88 8×8 rack-mounted matrix mixer and full Musa patch are also included, along with a DK Audio MSD 200 audio monitor.
The vehicle features an awning on its side, for inclement weather, or for providing shade.
Ideal unit for fast-turnaround projects
Highly equipped, ideal for fast-turnaround, short-notice demanding projects, this compact but powerful unit was fully refurbished and upgraded to HD in 2013. It has a proven track record for providing a highly flexible solution and has acted as the main unit for many major broadcasts and events.
- Large Sprinter-style OB van
- Year Built: 2003
- Year Upgraded: 2013
- Chassis Model: Mercedes 814D Vario
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 7.5m x 2.9m x 3.1m
- Weight: 7.5 tonnes
- Mileage: 41,500km (October 2018)
- Driver Position: Right-Hand Drive
- Power: 1x 63A single-phase or 2x 32A single-phase 100mA RCD
- Air Conditioning: 3x Tel-Air air conditioning units
- 1x For-A HVS300 1 M/E Desk (12 input, 5 output)
- Sony OLED video monitors
- Fostex speakers
- Sony PVM monitors
- Tektronix waveform monitor
- 1x Amek BB100 32-channel audio desk, with 8 groups + master, 432 Inputs and 432 Outputs on Bantam audio patch
- 1x Midas XL88 8×8 rack-mounted matrix mixer
- 1x full Musa patch
- 1x DK Audio MSD 200 audio monitor
- 1x Telex RTS KP-32 series intercom panel
- 1x video monitor, with 24” computer monitor via router panel
- 1x Sony compact disc player
- 1x BSS Audio FCS-960 graphic equalizer
- 1x NEVE 33609 N STEREO 2-channel compressor
- 20x channels of BSS compressor de-esser
- 6x channels of BSS compressor peak limiter de-esser
- 16x stereo DAs
- Telex RTS Zeus III 32+2 channel talkback system
- 1x Blackmagic Design 72×72 Universal Video Hub with Smart Panels
- Opengear glue and control systems
- 16 x 12-channel Sonifex audio distribution amplifiers
- 8x HD-SDI distribution amplifiers
- 1x timecode distribution amplifier
- 1x Evertz 5010 timecode master