THREE-CAMERA HD DSNG/OB VAN
This three-camera HD DSNG/OB van is a great all-in-one solution for small productions, combining video capture and transmission in the same vehicle.
With space at a premium, the equipment installed has been chosen to deliver maximum capability in as small a size as possible. This means the van can comfortably accommodate three or four operators: two in the production area and one each in audio and engineering.
MPEG4 technology to allow direct broadcasts with less data
The vehicle utilises HD MPEG-4 technology, which uses significantly less data than the MPEG-2 video standard, allowing broadcasters to use the available bandwidth more efficiently to offer more channels to viewers.
The production gallery is equipped with a JVC KM-H3000 vision mixer with two DVX, four Ram recorders and Built-in mutliviewer. The gallery wall is made up of three Samsung T24C300 24″ HD monitors and two 49″ JVC monitors.
Audio and engineering features
A two-channel Wohler audio monitoring unit is included, along with a Trilogy Mercury talkback system. A Blackmagic Design Videohub Smart Control panel allows easy access for controlling the truck’s Blackmagic Design 40×40 video router.
Immediately adjacent to the production area is the audio desk, which is a Yamaha O1V96 16-input mixer with eight AES/EBU In/Out channels. Audio routing comes courtesy of a Quartx 32×32 analogue router.
The truck’s engineering area includes space for three RCPs, as well as cabling for an EVS XT and two VTRs. A Phabrix RX500 two channel analyzer/ rasterizer with Dolby E option provides test and measurement capabilities. Distribution is covered by an Axon Synapse SFR18.
Ideally suited to DSNG applications
One of the stand-out features of this three-camera HD DSNG/OB van is that it is fully equipped for MPEG4 transmission. It has a 1.5m Advent KU band antenna and two 400w Stellar E2V STA1340 antenna mounts. The truck also boasts two ATEME CM5000 MPEG4 encoders and two ATEME DR8400 MPEG4 decoders.
This truck is ideally suited to DSNG applications, or to small live broadcasts, especially in Europe as the vehicle is left-hand drive.
Please note, to preserve client confidentiality, photos may have been edited to remove branding logos or to disguise distinctive paintwork.
- Vehicle: Sprinter size
- Year Built: 2014
- Chassis Model: Iveco Daily
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 7m x 2m x 3.3m
- Weight: 3.5 tonnes
- Mileage: 75,221km
- Driver Position: Left-Hand Drive
- Power: 220 volts, 1×32 Amps, 8 KVA on board fischer panda generator, 6000VA UPS single phase
- Air Conditioning: Domestic unit
- 1x JVK KM-H3000 vision mixer, 2 DVX, 4 Ram recorders, built-in multiviewer
- 2x Samsung 49″ monitors
- 1x Wohler 2ch audio monitoring
- 1x Trilogy Mercury Talk back system
- Ready for 1 EVS XT, 2x VTR’s
- 1x JVC 17″ HD monitor
- 1x Phabrix RX500 with Dolby E option
- 1x PC control
- 1x Yamaha 01V96 with 16 input plus 8 Aes/ebu in/out
- 1 x Wholer 2ch audio monitoring
- 1x Trilogy MERCURY Intercom, 24 ports with 4 panels
- 1x Blackmagic Design Videohub 40×40 with 3 control panel (dual power supply)
- 1x Quartz 32×32 analogue audio router with 1 control panel
- 1x Axon Synapse SFR18 with SD/HD glue
- 1x Phabrix RX500 2 channel analyzer/generator & monitoring rasterizer with Dolby E option
- 1x 1.5m Advent antenna KU Band
- 2x 400W Stellar E2V STA1340
- 2x Ateme Kyrion CM5000 MPEG4 encoder
- 2x Ateme Kyrion DR8400 MPEG4 decoder
- 1x Stellar controller